Toroidal transformer for F1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm searching for a high grade transformer for an F1 build. I'm considering a Plitron but am not sure which one to use. Ideally I'd like to install something rated around 650 volts. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (especially if you have a certain transformer in mind). The more specific the better. Thank you in advance.

I live in the Netherlands and there are not so many options for transformers to use in the F5.

RS Components sells some excellent 18 V AC trannies that are shielded and dead quiet. However the maximum they offer for 18 V AC is 225 VA.

http://nl.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2238825

I guess that is not really enough for two channels F5.

My intention is to build a stereo amp that uses 2 F5 in parallel per channel, so 4 F5 amps for a stereo amp. I also use the CViller PSU boards.

My question to the more experienced:

Can I use two of these 225 VA trannies to feed one PSU board that will feed 2 F5 amp boards, without running into trouble with hum or sound degradation? (Of course I would be forced to use the outputs of the trannies in parallel and use one for the positive rail and one for the negative rail).

Or is it neccesary to use two PSU boards for one channel? That would make 4 PSU boards for the stereo amp, and since I want to use chokes (CLC instead of CRC) that would require 8 chokes, which calls for a lot of space and money!
Or is this the preferred route?

Please can some expert give me advice?

Thanks!

Lucas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.