Checking for interest in Conrad HS GB (USA ONLY)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,
Like you I want to build my F5.
I've bought boards, X-formers, and parts. BUT, not heatsinks, I was waiting for other GBs on this forum. It don't look good Mav.

I am looking for a few sincere folks who would be intrested in a GB of Conrad MF35-151.5. Sorry, US residence only, I don't want a shipping headache.
I'll buy the batch and you'll pay me when I have them ready to ship.

I'm only looking for 5 others who want a set (2each) (one pair) This will have a better chance of sucess with fewer buyers.
I will receive them at my home in California, and reship them to anywhere in the USA for actual shipping costs. Unfortunatly they will NOT fit inside a USPS Flat Rate Box. I'll check either UPS or USPS, whichever is cheaper.

Here's what I can do:
AUD1.00 = USD 0.80595 (This may change, your price will reflect that change +/- )

Prices in USD
Product
Part number MF35-151.5
Quantity 12.00
Price ea. AUD 36.56
Subtotal AUD 438.70
Availability: in stock
Freight
FedEx 136.16
Product & Freight Totals USD
FedEx 574.85

Freight Details
FedEx FedEx International Priority Air Freight 3-4 working days

Your price per pair (2 each) $96.00 + shipping inside USA
With any luck, we should be able to have these in our hands within 2 weeks. ...........I hope.

Break out your calculators--------Yes, I'm making a profit on each pair. ~$0.20

I just want non flakes, not a free set of Heatsinks.

Opinions are always welcome.

Sorry non-US folks.

Ron

Great Cezar's Ghost,

OK, I've got ;

Bananaslug----------- 1 pair ? Let me know if your "in"

Sad -------------------- 2 pair

Rkevans --------------- 1 pair

Mongo ---------------- 1 pair

MaxNJ ----------------- 1 pair

Guy's, I think were there!

I'll order on Monday, should be about 1 week delivery time. I'll send out emails when they arrive for your shipping addresses.
I'll request PayPal from you at that time. I do expect them to run ~$96 + shipping per pair. I promise to pack them well, (I don't want damaged HS either)
I'll send a copy of the invoice so you can see what I paid total for them.

Mongo,
Thank you for calling to get us a good price on torrids, I picked one up thanks to you.
"Mongo only pawn in game of life". Prrrrrrrffffftttttt ! Beans. :)

Ron

oops.....edited to include RKevans

I'll check with Conrad on Monday for the next level price break and shipping costs. If it's not too much more I MAY be able to swing the extra costs. NO promises. When I find out from Conrad, I'll post it here in this thread.

I don't want to ask for $$$ up front, so the order is coming out of my pocket all at once. That and keeping my shipping time and materials down to a reasonable level was my reason for limiting the original # of buyers.

When I know something else, I'll share it. Place the order, and then end the "mini group buy".

04, as of now you are 1st on the "reserve list".

All payments will be through PayPal, if you do not have an account, shoot me an email and we'll make other arrangements.

Ron

Here is a VERY nice picture of a Conrad MF35-151.5 heatsink in a F5 build. These things are HUGE! ~6" x ~14" x 1.6".

Link to photos here: F5 build

This is SpecialIdiot's build. A very nice build indeed. Lots of good photos!
Thanks.
Note to SpecialIdiot; you didn't get those boards from AK.org now did you?!
Don't be too harsh, or quick to judge us here at DiyAudio, were nice folks too. :)

Ron

Attachments

• conrad hs photo.jpg
    conrad hs photo.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 415
16 heatsinks were ordered this morning, including the PayPal fees and exchange rate as of this morning, each pair will cost ~101.25. plus shipping to your location.
16 is the maximum # they can ship before rate jump up due to weight.
I'm not charging anything to box them up, just my small way of giving back to the DiyAudio community.

Here is the list of names and quantities.

Renron 2
Sad 4
RKevans 2
Ed LaFontaine 2
Maxx 2
04DGM 4

Others who are not on the above list will be in a reserve list if someone above doesn't follow through with the $$$ in a timely manner. NOT NOW. Please wait for my email which will include cost of postage. If you want insurance please inform me at that time.

Reserve list is:

1More
DougL

I should have them in about 1 week, you should have them shortly after that.
Any questions please address them to this thread.

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.