F1 heatsink?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using the HIFI2000 4U/300 for my F5 which requires 0.6C/W per transistor - there are 2 per channel. It hovers around 65C at 1.6A bias. I was running 1.7A and I could only touch them for a second or two.

Not sure of the requirements of the F1 - hope this helps.

F5 dissipates 66W/ch, not 124.
The Pesante Dissipante 4U/400 can handle 100 W per side.

:confused:
F5 o.m. said:
"At 1.3 amps per channel, you will see idle heat dissipation of 62 watts. To keep the temperature rise of the heat sink to 20 deg C. above the ambient temperature, you will want a heat sink rated at about .6 deg C./watt for each transistor. An example of this would be a chunk of fi nned aluminum, with a series of 2” fi ns attached to an 8” by 6” base. You will need two per channel."
F1 o.m said:
"Place the amplifier in a well-ventilated location, as it draws 200 watts during operation and requires as much opportunity to cool itself as possible."
I'm doing something wrong but I can't understand what...
perhaps trying to build an amplifier? :D

F1 manual

"The voltage across R27 – R30 is approximately 0.60 volts DC, and this
figure sets the bias for the gain stages, which is slightly less than 2 amps
per side, 4 amps total."

I would definitely not go below a 4U size - and with slightly less than 2A bias per channel probably go for the 400mm. If depth is a concern then go for the 5U/300.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.