The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

You obviously know that feeling, when you change a chain in your listening equipments, and it improve listening experience so much, that you urged to listen all of your favorites and all of your music you have, continously.
You simply can't stop it.
Well, I'm in this miserable situation.

Yup!

I found a pair of massive electrostatics on a tip...with power amps in the base acting as a stand: Accustech I think was the maker. They were from the 60s. A guy who sold transistors etc spent a couple of hours with a curve tracer matching the trannies...they were all plug-in I think. They were brilliant! Danish ex-rock drummer Steen Deesing - who made SD speakers commercially in the 70s-80s loved them - as did I. BUT they were massive in an apartment and reluctantly they had to go!

I have also heard a money no object pair of stacked Quads...again - sheer magic is the impression I still carry.

Again in Italy I heard about 3 sets of Sound Lab electrostatics this was in the 90s. They varied quite a bit as each system was totally different...but all were exceptionally good.

Save your empty bottles and get another pair and stack them!! ;)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
another one ..... either small glory , or Major Flop

just to find some time to squeeze it in pipeline ........ :clown:

What is A Plethora?

Attachments

• pcb sshot.png
    pcb sshot.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 197
My wife is the best kind. She leaves Saturday morning and doesn't come back till late afternoon.
So, while the cat's away...

...silly girl leaving you alone! Have you bought the booze yet? If not, some Hungarian red Bulls' Blood..say 3 bottles and a couple of dozen fizzy beers....you will find that you will have a lot more solo time when the Mrs gets home!

:zombie::devilr: