Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Pipi Pirate b.jpg
    Pipi Pirate b.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 241
This the story of the Cursed Case.

Years ago I bought a cheapie case from a local store....

Now you know why it was cheap.
So you gotta bury the case :D
I have noticed a phenomena with a place that used to be rented for Cafe-bars/fast food.Whoever tried to run the place, it failed, for no apparent reason. The location was good, but simply there were no customers, despite the change of owners, refurbishig, even trying different stylesetc. The place was mostly empty, and I knew it was just a question of time before the new owners will give up. On the other hand, I've seen shabby unattractive places but somehow they were always busy and run well...

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Now you know why it was cheap.
So you gotta bury the case :D
I have noticed a phenomena with a place that used to be rented for Cafe-bars/fast food.Whoever tried to run the place, it failed, for no apparent reason. The location was good, but simply there were no customers, despite the change of owners, refurbishig, even trying different stylesetc. The place was mostly empty, and I knew it was just a question of time before the new owners will give up. On the other hand, I've seen shabby unattractive places but somehow they were always busy and run well...

Reminds me of some pubs that I have been in.... hmmmmmm....... :D:D:D

Jeff Young, c2cthomas, WBS and all for whom dogs count as best friends!

Really nice pair of bowlers Jeff! Working dogs? Bet they bring back a lot of turf given your location!

Back in the days when I lived in Ireland I trained quite a few Labs as non-slip retrievers. A few English Pointers as well...but they are a more difficult animal as their instinct is to hunt rather than please the owner!!

The dachshund pics are because I am collecting pics for a friend who is writing an amusing but informative book on the breed. c2cthomas - when he is not swinging through his family tree - has a good knowledge and great affection for the breed. The in preparation Dachshund book is a follow on from a serious book on a Salmon fishing book for our local river, the great Tweed. This was a big success and I am proud that I did the original production design and all of the illustration mechanical work plus a lot of original photography. Attached is a pic of the cover: the castle is Floors Castle here in Kelso...I live about 1/3 mile away. The swan with cygnets was there when I took the shot...however the salmon is - I must admit - a photoshop insert...the first I ever attempted. The angler is the author, Bill Quarry.

Attachments

• COVER copy.jpg
    COVER copy.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: