The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

... cooling pin for 2SK2145 is Drain , I resume ?...
Nope, just remember this, for vertical mosfets we drain heat from the drain tab no problem, lateral mosfets we drain heat from the source tab also no problem.
But we have problem with Jfet because many, including the k2145, have drain interchangeable with the source. It will confuse a lot of people. So they figure logical solution is drain the heat from gate pin.:rofl:

They are all the same grid on substrate thingie. The 13 masks of Sauron remember? Only freaks like the LU are exception.:D

Attachments

• Jfet geometry.gif
    Jfet geometry.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 152
...and 19 minutes here! Just got home....not too bad for 75.7 years!

That an Irishman made it home at zero hundred hours and 19 minutes is indeed not too bad, Brian.
That you made it home at an age of 75.7 years is close to miraculous (imho)

We had to have our Irish terrier put to sleep two months ago, Asha did have the very best 6.5 years any dog could wish for.
We're hoping 2018 will be a more enjoyable one.

Wishing you gents a happy and healthy new year.

I thought so too...all night @ Claret too! And I seldom drink these days! Made three parties and my Mrs drove me home.....I am now well set for my by-pass procedure which, unfortunately. has been but further forward thus ruining a bigger proportion of the salmon season!

I am upset to hear the news of your Irish Terrier's death...it gives us a lot of pain when a taken for granted pet has gone - but a better sense of how temporary is our own mortality! But how is the Alsatian? Big dog by now. Picture?

Hope 2018 is all you need and want!

Hope that all goes well for you and yours....and all the DoDos! :)