Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

Yep... allmost

Are you telling me, that 5k is better suit's than a 10k one, if i got the choice ?

naah ........ 5K is too low . just use 10 K and be happy

lykkedk said:

Just soo, that any unused 'source' are grounded, when not in use ?

NICE answers ZenMod...

Jesper.

it's better that they are gndd when not in use

:clown:

They do a lot of that when you're absentminded before putting them in the soup pot.

Maybe Mr Beyer can use someone who can introduce him to visit Mr Transrotor in Germania.

Note :
Magura, Sleepless in Serbia offered to take over the mop job under my hobby bench yesterday.(only requires the dress, not the wig)

Anyone of you have a piccy of Mr Boles' CirCad98 file of the BabbelChicken ?
Speaking of Mini Mi B , Mini B and Mini Shunty seem like a nice couple

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
They do a lot of that when you're absentminded before putting them in the soup pot.

Maybe Mr Beyer can use someone who can introduce him to visit Mr Transrotor in Germania.

Note :
Magura, Sleepless in Serbia offered to take over the mop job under my hobby bench yesterday.(only requires the dress, not the wig)

Anyone of you have a piccy of Mr Boles' CirCad98 file of the BabbelChicken ?
Speaking of Mini Mi B , Mini B and Mini Shunty seem like a nice couple

second time today that I'm lost in Engrish

dutchie writing , serbie reading ............ mess..........

Just to report to all you pumpkin builders: After BAF world wide Pumpkin presentation, I took it to my cave...

I did adjustment per Choky's instructions. I do not have F4 and wanted to drive my Aleph 30 so I needed to lower value for two resistors and voila!

I did had a brief listen at BAF but I wouldn't take that seriously. Now I had it set up and I had my X BOSOSZ to compare to. It is unbelievable difference. Do not take me wrong - I still like my X BOSOZ, but I was just speechless once I heard amount of top detail from Pumpkin. I was amazed how come that I didn't miss all that detail before? I do not know but it is like Pumpkin has opened whole another dimension on the top of the spectrum. It is very detailed and bright amp. When I say bright not in the negative way, and amazingly there is still very strong and deep bass.

My pumpkin is still based on make shift XBOSOZ power supply while I am waiting for Shanty boards. This pumpkin has special value! It was constructed by Choky, Anatech, Magura and myself. I am afraid to change it since it might loose its international flair. :cool:

There is a special shielded wire that Magura and Anatech called Wire from Hell, but they still succeeded in completing it for the BAF.
I will be trying different caps in output to see how it will affect sound. I would strongly advise to try this preamp for F4 or any other amp. It is just unrealistically good.
AR2