Eq-ONe, OPamp exchange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one of these old workhorses that i want to improve the SQ in.
Right now it is equipped with 4558 or something similar, sounds horrible.
But which ops are suitable for a simple equalizer like this?
Are there any reason not to go with TL072? otherwise i will do that sice i have dozens of them lying around.

43_3.JPG

-Probably a piece of nostalgica for several ppl here, they were quite popular back in the 80s.

Yeah, i know.
All the TLs i have is from an upgrade i recently made on a neotek desk.

-But it isnt worth the price for this usage, it is intended to be used by DJs to give an easy way to make roomcorrections when they rent it.
I think TL072 is just at the right SQ for that application, but then it is only a handful of opa2134s too, so, its debatable..

Wellwell, i just want to know if it will oscilliate or anything similar, because it isnt easy to disassemble the unit.

testlab said:
My opinion is that you are "gilding the lily" by upgrading this beast. espesially considering the target user. TLO's should be more than adequate.

Yes, its a good piece of art but it had some OP distortion that i wanted to get rid off. A shift from bypass to eq made quite a considerable difference before the OP change, now its fine.
but apart from that its a very beutiful piece.
But it is only 10 bands which unfourtunately makes it rather limited for live.

Also, my target customers/users are a bit odd since they actually care about SQ :D
Well, most of them, some guestdjs think that distortion is an important part of the dancefloor.
-But then, if someone isnt regarding SQ then they arent my customers for long either... :devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.