Remote remote volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm going as minimalist as I can. CD player, two monoblocs and speakers. All active devices valves. Thats it.

The question is does anyone know of a means whereby I can have control of overall system volume by using a control element in each monoblock, addressed from a common remote control?

I don't really want to put the gain control in the CD player because it would mean an additional active stage to keep the output impedence low.

I would appreciate any help,

Simon

Use a two channel volume control in each amp. Use one channel for volume, the other channel for feedback into a microcontroller. That will allow you to match the two channels for volume.

Of course if you want a stepped attenuator, you are on your own. I am not sure if there are motorized ones. Any one know of any??? Some people do it with lots of relays.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.