Power Supply Secondary wires

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On a amplifier that needs a 65-0-65Vac / 800VA min, when I go get this power supply obviously the secondarys need to be 65v. But to run a stereo do power supplies come with two pairs of wires to power both boards. Or do I need to get two transformers? I know this may be dumb question to you experiance people but I am learning.

the only "dumb" question is from one who doesn't speak.

you can do either. separate transformers and separate filter caps will make your amp into a "mono-block"

one thing to make sure is that the current carrying capacity of the wire is adequate for the application. you can get #12 or #14 (and other guages as well) stranded copper in red, black, green from Home Depot --

Mermprin said:
Does that mean then If I want one Power Transformer to power two channels (stereo) I need to get one rated at 1600VA with two secondarys coming out of it? Or when the kit describes the power supply requirement is that for two channels? Thank you for your reply.

Do you have a link to the kit?

Im guessing its one 800VA transformer to power both the channels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.