Sub for 2SK2961 or 2SK975 MOSFET

I have a headphone amp that uses a couple of these to drive the transformer in a DC-DC converter. Like so many TH components, these low-power Mosfets are no longer made. Key spec seems to be the low on-resistance (0.3-0.4 Ohms).

I've never spec'ed mosfets before so I wanted to get some input. Two possible replacements are Vishay VISHS85750 and Diodes Inc/Zetex ZVN4306AV.

Wha'dya think?

I assumed the data sheet has a typo; "Rds(off)" should be "Rds(on)"

My concern is more the power dissipation. Over 800mw in a TO-92 package is pretty rare these days (perhaps always?), based on my spelunking with the Digikey search tools. I only got 2 hits for
* MOSFET
* N-channel
* TO-92 package
* over 900mA Id
and they were the Diodes Inc. ZVN4306 and ZVN4310. Maybe 850mW would suffice.
Hard to tell how close they were designing it without a schematic or some measurements. A 60V-rated part in an HPA?

These days, they seem to use TO-220 package.

Kind regards,
Drew

Thanks Drew. Yeah, offerings in the 92L package are pretty much gone and I don't think there's room for a TO-220, it's a pretty dense layout. I used 1A Id and <500mOhm Rds(on) for my scan, with only two results. I ordered some of the ZVN4306 from Digikey but USPS appears to have lost the package. :(

Last night I found another possibility in one of my junk boxes, some IRFU110's (TO-251).

Schematic is attached (Q31 and Q32).

Attachments

• 252Spwr.png
    252Spwr.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 86