BC337-40BU

HELP!!

I've been searching for several days for 30 x BC337-40BU transistors. These are the bulk, straight leg type, not the ammo or tape versions which have splayed legs. The best result that I've obtained so far is from Arrow Electronics fro £0.81, plus £32.63 shipping, plus a highly probable £12 Customs charge. Not the best way to buy parts.

I have got some on back order from CPC which were supposed to come back into stock last week. That date has been bumped forward by another month and I anticipate that date changing again. Nobody in the UK and none of my normal American providers (Digikey, Mouser, etc) have stock of the bulk type. They are all giving expected stock dates well into 2022.

Annoyingly, two of my usual suppliers sent me the splayed leg type despite their web pages showing the straight leg types.

I have found several European suppliers who have current stock but they no longer deal with UK individuals due to Brexit (n.b. I voted to stay in!).

Does anyone have these transistors in their stock? Would anyone be willing to order them from one of the European suppliers please? I would of course cover any reasonable costs incurred.

How many would you like?
PM me with your details.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 18.33.21.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 18.33.21.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 151
Hi Jon,

Thanks for looking. Thankfully I have the BC327s already installed. The page you've sent me to show splayed legs though. However, when I checked the data sheet it showed straight legs! It isn't helpful for their customers, is it?

Hi Thmartin,

Thank you too. I've tried to register via the French page but it won't allow me to change the country I want to send them too.

RS Components sells them by the hundred. Adding the shipping fee to a french postal address (6,95€) and VAT, total price would be 25,74€ - see attachment.
Depending on how bad you need these, I could order them for you and ship a small parcel to UK, but this will again add a couple of euros (less than 3€ I think). Let me know...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 132
Your decision of course, but a pair of these

stock-photo-green-jewelry-handmade-crafts-natural-charm-crafting-artisan-seaglass-5dafce94-4c25-4eb9-94fe-b6146b1ea618.jpg

turns one into the other in seconds.

I bought a pair for my baby girl when she was 10, she made thousands of bracelets, necklaces, etc. (many using my 1/4W resistor stash :rolleyes:) , I got it back later and it has not left my workbench since.
Get a pair, VERY useful, specially for solid wire.

Your decision of course, but a pair of these turns one into the other in seconds.

Most DIYers including myself would simply do this. In a real manufacturing environment manual leadforming would not be allowed, as it COULD adversely affect the reliability of the parts. Unlikely and infrequent, but not good enough for six sigma, or to someone taking that same level of care in their own construction. There are even rules on what kind of tools can be used to trim the leads in some cases.