Photo Resist Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

Back In the early 90s when I started my electronics, I used to use Maplin Photo Resist boards and back then the fibre glass laminate was clear so you could see faults by looking at the component side. Does anyone have any photoresist board that one etched looks like the photo with DIGITAL printed on (1st Photo) or any old Maplin Photo Resist board they will sell or any copper clad board (not presensitized) ? The following manufacturers would be Ideal : MAS, IGAV, and then 'i' (photo provided of symbols), There Is also a photo of a new green board which I'm not really keen on so thought I would ask here first. I'm stuck to my old ways rub down transfers and everything !

Many Thanks,

Digital.

Attachments

• Top View (Component Side).jpg
    Top View (Component Side).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 68
  • MAS.JPG
    MAS.JPG
    829 KB · Views: 71
  • IGAV.jpg
    IGAV.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 64
  • 'i'.JPG
    'i'.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 'i' zoomed.JPG
    'i' zoomed.JPG
    818.8 KB · Views: 61
  • NEW GREEN BOARDS.jpg
    NEW GREEN BOARDS.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 46
Hi Altec,

I got told the greeness Is a UV Block for solder masks, I've also been using ferric chloride for 32 years now and I've never experienced that before see the boards above (the clear ones) were etched with ferric chloride. Could you post some photos of some boards that have been etched ?

Thanks !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.