Power cable shielding for messy entertainment centers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2018
The sound can be affected in other ways

Yes.
By playing a dirty record...
By playing a poorly recorded CD or tape....
And by listening to poorly transmitted/received radio station.

OR, if you live right next door to an airport or power generating station.

But "within" my system, there isn't any interference.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I also have a tube amp, connected to my SS receiver's "external amp" output, and sometimes used for "critical listening" - also dead quiet without any noises.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
What's there to measure?

Wearing headphones, a close coupling to my ears, I hear nothing with the system at idle, even if I turned the volume control up fully.
No hums, no static, nothing.
Absolute silence.

Nothing,... until the music starts playing.
This is something a properly operating sound system should do.

But of course, there are others that would hook up signal generators, oscilloscopes, distortion meters, cellphone, nuclear reactors and such to their systems, in order to pick, probe, and nitpick over some tiny details that they imagined to be some serious issue.
Some might even have the family car parked outside, with its engine running, in order to attempt to simulate some sort of electrical interference from its ignition system, and start a thread complaining about anything they "measure".

"Son, I know what time you came home last night...."
You pulled up at 12:03AM..... and sat in the car, running until 12:23AM.... I assumed you were texting your girlfriend to tell her you had a good time on your date.... how I know this, I was on my headphones in the bedroom, enjoying some Diane Krall, and the car's ignition interference annoyed me"

Account Closed
Joined 2018
You probably wouldn't hear any inference without music playing, the chances are you wouldn't hear it anyway with music playing, you may even prefer the music with a little interference.

No, scott, I'm quite "picky" myself when it comes to enjoying music through any of my devices/systems.
The slightest bit of interference or distortion that I notice would annoy me until I rectified it.
Some things, like a bit of well-worn records, I cannot help, and can live with that.
I don't obsess over things like that, though others may.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.