Fake BD139/140 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was given a lot of BD139/140

Transistors have no metallic plate like TO126, all sides are isolated. The thickness is 3.3 vs 2.6mm. Caracteristics (vbr, hfe) are just above datasheet listing.

I already saw this isolated package but I didn't found any reference of this in fairchild datasheet for 139/140.

fake or not ?

Attachments

• BD139FRONT.jpg
    BD139FRONT.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 373
  • BD139BACK.jpg
    BD139BACK.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 364
  • BD139MARKING.jpg
    BD139MARKING.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 389
Would agree these are too cheap to fake, but you never know with some people, they will try anything on...

However I also have some similar parts, fully isolated package, datasheet stated somewhere that the package does not comply to any existing package standards.

Actually find them really useful, no mica washers or sil-pads needed, just a dab of silicon grease. Probably wouldn't use them anywhere that they run really hot though...

The newer ON/Fairchild BD139 don’t look anything like the old Philips type from Yesteryear. If you do compare curves it will look different, but it will work in any place an old BD139 will. Isolated case is the new normal for the TO-126 - the Jap manufacturers started doing it first and it seems to have finally caught on, about the time ON acquired those old Sanyo parts (most of which are discontinued now). ST still makes non-isolated TO-126, but is in the process of dropping all those types.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.