Rotary switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I’m wanting to build a Kelvin–varley divider, and looking for parts. I’m trying to choose a switch for the first decade, which is the important one, or at least important enough to match 10K resistors to significantly better than 0.01%.

I’m thinking that the contact resistance is important, but more important that it doesn’t change than that it’s super low. I’ve pretty-much narrowed it down to either the Grayhill series 8 (for example 08S36-02-1-10N Grayhill | Mouser Australia) or the Grayhill series 71 (eg 71B36-06A10N Grayhill | Mouser Australia)

The series 8 is physically larger, but the 2 deck flavour is $107. By contrast the 6 deck series 71 is only $50. Both are specced as “50mΩ max” per contact, so based on that the series 71 should be much better, on account of being able to parallel three decks...

Anyway, I’m very open to suggestion. These suckers are expensive, and I’d prefer to buy them once.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.