DIY Project - Recycling Polk Omni S6 - right path?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys. Second time DIYer. My first project was making passive woofers and that was easy Af, but this time id like to recycle a dead (motherboard) polk audio omni S6 speaker an repurpose it for pleasure.

What I am trying to accomplish is preserve and reuse the chassis and PSU from this system. Since the motherboard has both the dac/crossovers (accepts positive and negative of both tweeters and woofers (4 cones)) I purchased external crossovers to keep the lines simple. In regards to the power supply it seems to push 32 volts through a 4 pin molex labelled 32v/32v/gnd/gnd and is accepted by the motherboard at 22volts (as labelled next to the pins)

I'm planning to gut the motherboard and replace it with a Dayton Audio KAB-250 but want to know if I am on the right path and exactly how I would connect the PSU to the 24v dayton (4 pin molex to 2 pin). Am i onto something here or am I reaching for the stars with this project. See images below.

I am by no means an electrician and have the education of a 3rd grader when it comes to dealing with circuitry... maybe less. Please go easy on me lol

Guts of the POLK S6
Dayton AMP
Dayton Schematics

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.