Sprague Vitamin Q opinions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Try them and make your own opinion, if you ask me, look in another direction.

They deteriorate over time as paper oxidizes and absorbs moisture, a fact, not an opinion, ask any service technician. Your opinion is that paper is a superior dielectric to others - well it is recyclable I suppose, but teflon, polystyrene, polypropylene and PPS are all excellent dielectrics. If you rate paper caps, you should be aware they will need regular replacement.

Try them and make your own opinion, if you ask me, look in another direction.

Mark,

It is exactly what I write look at other options than those sumotan ask and I have not claimed that paper is better than anything else, but if anyone are curious then you should try otherwise you can go a another way.

Vitamin Q is hyped probably they were the best one could use when they were launched with the technology that existed at that time. Today we use other methods and materials that are superior to the past they may not be allways better but above all sustainable over time.

Over and out!

Anders

Hi Guys,
Guess Im caught up in the pen is mightier then the sword syndrome.
Been playing with components for many years now & those that I've experienced do have a sonic signature. Yes I'll collect some for my curiosity. There really some exceptions in Nos caps like Black Gate no hype it really does what's claimed but one must learn or experiment on where to apply them.

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.