Help with replacement MOS-FETs 2SJ201A/2SK1530A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the Sony amplifier TA-FA7ES which has blown MOS-FET transistors (only one channel). I need help finding quality replacement parts.

The types of the transistors are:
Sony 2SJ201A
Sony 2SK1530A

I assume that the transistors could be replaced with these Toshiba types:
2SJ201-TOS: P-fet 200V 12A 150W
2SK1530-TOS: N-fet 200V 12A 150W

Does anyone know what the A of the transistor type stands for (2sj201A, 2SK1530A). Is this a special Sony type or did Sony use Toshiba transistors and adds the A to the type?

According to the service manual of the amplifier the smaller brother TA-FA5ES uses the transistor types 2sj201B and 2SK1530B. Maybe the only difference is the power of the transistors - 135W (TA- FA5ES) vs. 150W (TA-FA7ES).

Thank you for your help!

If you look at the Toshiba datasheet you will see they had two different Vgs off classifications of the part, "O" & "Y". You want to match pairs with the same classification.
Sony lettering, I can not be sure of what it means, does not matter if you sue the Toshiba parts. I think I would not mix up the Toshiba with the Sony.

Thank you for your answers!
I think the Sony versions were just customized versions with gold (plated?) leads.
mlloyd1
The defect Sony transistors have gold leads. This makes sense according to the added A within the type.

If you look at the Toshiba datasheet you will see they had two different Vgs off classifications of the part, "O" & "Y". You want to match pairs with the same classification.
Sony lettering, I can not be sure of what it means, does not matter if you sue the Toshiba parts. I think I would not mix up the Toshiba with the Sony.
According to the TA-FA7ES service manual the used Sony transistors are the type Y (2SJ201A-Y, 2SK1530A-Y). If I replace the Sony transistors with the Toshiba Type Y would there be a difference in terms of sound quality? Should I also replace the faultless transistors in the other (working) audio channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.