KZK White Line capacitor review. From Russia with love (of music)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bumped into this thread and quite interesting.
Can somebody recommend a 2,7uF value cap for a high pass filter?
At this moment there is a Jantzen Cross-Cap and I find them very neutral and natural and quite smooth sounding. Of course a bit flat in presentation but enjoyable.
Rough idea to try a Clarity Cap CSA 2,7uF instead. Also considering to bypass the Jantzen Cross-Caps with like 0,1uF or lower value fx. Miflex KPCU-01 600VDC, or KZK K78-34, or Intertechnik Audyn True Copper Cap or the Copper Max version?
These are jus ideas but I don't know how would be the outcome or worht to try with the Jantzen Cross-Caps bypassing with these high-end caps? Thank you for your help.

Hello

Wow, sounds good. Have you tried it and how is the sound?

I have the 2,7uF Cross-Caps and the 2,7uF ClarityCap CSA is on the way and 0,022uF Miflex KPCU-01.
I will try both caps to bypas with the Miflex.
I also heard that the russian KZK K78-34 is a full bodied and warm sounding cap especially the top end is silky smooth without edge.

Hmm ... I am subscribing to this thread, but sorry to say I never got any "heads up" that any of you posted ...

Better late than never (is a saying in Norway). Here's my short feedback:

mjw21a: So nice to hear that you've tested the White Lines for some time ... So nice that you liked them (initially). I am still using the White Lines, bypassed with FT3 teflons, for my tweeter filter (2nd. order). I am very happy with them ...
I will make a note of your findings conserning the Cornell Dubilier SFA44T5J219B and the Miflex KPCU-1 ... Because of (what I believe to be) "unnatural hype" - I have sadly developed an aversion to Duelund. Did you try out the KZK Orange Line yet?
karoly7603: Really great that you sent me a PM with your thoughts! This led me to check this string and discover all postings thet I didn't know of ... Please let us know what your experience is, when you have tested some of the caps you are trying out.
As mentioned: I have great experience with FT3 accross White Lines ...
I believe I've seen Audyn True Copper caps not being recommended for crossover-use ... Can anyone confirm or confute this ...

All: Thank you for contributing to this thread with your findings!

Best Regards, Aril

Last edited:
At this moment I am listening/testing the ClarityCap CSA 600Vdc+Miflex KPCU-01 600Vdc combination at the tweeter. The first half an hour was a bit rough but after became smooth.
The sound is:
- Liquid-butter-silky smooth
- Never fatiguing
- Rich in harmony
- Extremely natural/neutral
- Airy with good separation
- Has life/soul
- Easy listening
- Gives a lot details (also micro details)
- Full bodied sound

Comparing with the Jantzen Cross-Caps the Cross-Caps are edgy, flat, without life and details. Even much better than the Jantzen Superior Z-Cap.
These that I can hear after 20 hours listening.
I really love the presentation and very satisfied with the results.

Last edited:
Update:
I added a 0,33uF KZK K78-34 so the latest combo is:
2,7uF ClarityCAP CSA 600V (350 hours)

0,33uF KZK K78-34 250V (50 hours)

0,022uF Miflex KPCU-01 600V (350 hours)

The ClarityCAP CSA alone is natural but edgy, definitely not good.
The ClarityCAP CSA+KZK K78-34+Miflex KPCU-01 gives the best harmony.

I also tried only the ClarityCap CSA+KZK-K78-34 but was missing the mico detail with the soundstage and the global warmness. Yes, the Miflex is very important and with such a small value is a strong influencer in the sound.

The result:
Extremely butter-liquid-silky smooth with huge soundstage, with rich organic micro fine detail. Unbelievable experience. We listened many different kind of music, classical, jazz, disco, latin and simply fantastic. We always turn the volume up:)

mjw21a: So nice to hear that you've tested the White Lines for some time ... So nice that you liked them (initially). I am still using the White Lines, bypassed with FT3 teflons, for my tweeter filter (2nd. order). I am very happy with them ...
I will make a note of your findings conserning the Cornell Dubilier SFA44T5J219B and the Miflex KPCU-1 ... Because of (what I believe to be) "unnatural hype" - I have sadly developed an aversion to Duelund. Did you try out the KZK Orange Line yet?

I found the Orange Line quite similar to the White Line in sound.

In the end the values I needed changed as I replaced the Zenith 49CZ924 wide range drivers with Lii Audio FAST-10S drivers. I needed to move the crossover frequencies up so my tweeters were used as super tweeters only.

I'm now using a 1uf Cornell Dubilier 940c + 0.47uf Duelund JAM cap.

I do find the JAM caps to be a little brighter and insightful than the Miflex KPCU-1 although I have Miflex KPCU-1 doing coupling duties in my power amp. Wonderful caps.

The Duelund caps are indeed hyped however from what I can tell its justified. I bypassed the Miflex KFPM-1 output caps in my DAC with Duelund silver bypass caps this weekend. My god what a difference this has made. I'm done tweaking my system in any way. It's perfect. It's added ambience, layering and insight allowing me to hear detail I never knew existed.

The reality is that I'm never going to try the Duelund CAST series due to size and cost. They're so large that they'd only fit in my speakers, and so expensive that I'll never do so. :(

Hi wolf_teeth :)
- No, I haven't tried the Orange Line - yet ... I believe them to be a "higher tier" capacitor from KZK ... I will try them in a tube-based RIAA I am slowly finding time to build (all parts are gathered) - and possibly as coupling caps in a WE91-style 46-tube SET amp, where I'm soon to be finished gathering parts ... With my everyday schedule I will not be able to tell more about this for another year or so ... (the RIAA might be finished sooner).
It would be nice if someone chimes in here with their experience with using the Orange Line as well :)
:) Aril

I use the Orange Line KZK Caps in my speaker builds.
I find them more detailed and less sibilant than my Jantzen Superiors, and Mundorf Silver in Oil Supremes.
Mundorf Supremes are still my favourite for most applications, if they make sense in the project, financially.
I do like the low low insertion loss of the KZK for tweaking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.