I need a simple switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This screw terminal DPDT toggle switch should work for low power consumer products: https://www.newark.com/honeywell/12ts15-7/switch-toggle-dpdt-20a-277v/dp/23F2148
You capture the wires under the screw terminals by crimping spade or eyelet terminals on the end. You can buy these terminals from newark or the Dorman ones at the auto supply are okay. I find consumer crimp tools are ****, I use Klein or Ideal. Pull test the terminal after crimping to make sure you did a good job. Blue terminal is for 16-14 ga wire. I would suggest in a low wattage consumer amp application would be okay with 16 ga wire. 100 W or up use 14.
You'll need to drill a hole through the front panel of a box to put the switch in. Newark sells boxes, or you can use recipe files or something similar. Wear safety glasses when using a drill motor. it is likely this switch has 3/8" or 10 mm shaft, use appropriate drill. If there is an anti-rotating collar, drill slightly undersize and file the D shape or tang in with round and triangle nicholson file.

Last edited:
61IEiNyioKL._SY450_.jpg

Maybe this will work:

Uxcell a15032700ux0304 AC 660 32A 12 Terminals 1-0-2 3 Positions Rotary Cam Changeover Switch: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.