Slide potentiometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trying to find a replace slide potentiometer. Its for the record level for tape recorder. Its two pontentiometers, one for left and one for right. The left one is worn out and measure infinty resistance.
According to service manual it should be a 20k, but there’s no model number or anything that I cant find.
73mm long. The ”slide hole” is 60mm wide, but the slide knob movement is approximately 50mm. Its 65mm between screwholes.
11mm thick and 12.5mm wide. Handle is 28mm long (maybe I cand use the old one if the thicknes and wideness is the same of the new one.
But if its has a handle of 28mm the wide and thicknes is not so important, there are room for a bigger, but it cant be longer than 73mm.
Dont know much about potentiometers, but should I look for a mono? Is it linear? Dont know if its possible to repair, but the black paint or coal has been worn down inside.
Googled a bit and it seem to be common with 60mm and 45mm movement for the slider. Must it match the size exeactly? Maybe I should replace both left and right one.

4-C9-B9-FCA-3-EF0-4-BAB-B53-B-965-C7-B8-CA3-B4.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You have the service manual??? How about telling us the make and model of the unit then? Look in the parts list, does it say 20kA or 20kB? audio or linear?

If you have separate left and right sliders, they would be mono, and the picture shows a mono slider.

If it has wires to it, you are in much better shape. If it mounts to a PC board, you need to get more specific.

I don't know the taper, but if the other channel is good, set the thing to half way and use and ohm meter to determine the taper.

Call it 60mm and move on.

Alps and Noble are two major players in the slider game. But like regular pots, sliders are almost always made custom for an OEM.

Dont have all the pdf’s of the service manual, have one part list that I found the volume control, not the rec levels it only says 25k sliding control, and a long order number from Telefunken. Its and old Telefunken Music center 3022 from 1978. Is the potentiometers for the rec levels r2901 and r2902 in the schematics? Or am I totally wrong.
C701054-E-BBB3-437-D-8934-146612-D8-D8-E5.png

Last edited:
Found some 73mm with 45mm movement, they seem to have 65mm between screw holes, just like the old ones, so maybe they will fit nicely, but have not found any place to order one.

Forgot to tell, its wired, three wires soldered to it. Not fitted to a pcb board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.