European DIY electronics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am stumped. I recently moved to Germany and I am trying to find European based electronic stores that are like Mouser or digikey.

Or what are the experiences of purchasing from digikey or mouser and shipping to an European address? I imagine there are customs fees even when buying from either and shipping over here? Part of the confusion is seeing that mouser and digikey both have European addresses.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Erick

Another local on-line distributor is reichelt.de.

mouser.de (German branch) delivers from the US within two-three days to most locations in Germany. Orders from 50 Euro are shipped free of charge via FedEx.

I regularly buy items from conrad, reichelt and mouser and have no problems with them. Conrad is convenient if you need something quick since you can visit their shop if one happens to be in the vicinity.

Regards,
Oleg

mouser.de automatically adds local VAT at check-out. I guess they also have a deal with FedEx and German customs so the packages go across the border without delays. I am currently waiting for a package from mouser. According to FedEx track and trace service it has started yesterday from Texas and now it is already on its way from France to Germany. I expect to receive it tomorrow before noon. Only this year I ordered from them about 6 or 7 times. Every time I received the goods on the third day after payment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.