PCB Board mount terminals, high quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to find some really high quality terminals for PCB board mount that can either accept 12ga or spade style connectors (large ones by Furutech). This is for 125v 20a.

I noticed the connectors for speaker wires on the Ncore modules are nice, something of that sort might work real nicely. Ideally copper (beryllium/alloy is acceptable) and gold plated would be nice.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks

What do you consider a good crimper? This? My wire strippers have multiple spots on them for different sizes of those, but I've never been overly impressed with performance. I usually crimp down twice on each one.

Quick connects are not bad, I can get high quality female ends. Have you seen any male PCB board ones made of something higher quality than brass? This project is pretty no-holds-barred. That would be awesome because one piece that I'm using in this may come with some pre-installed brass ones. (if I had it my way I wouldn't use it, but it's not up to me)

Last edited:
Thanks

What do you consider a good crimper? This? My wire strippers have multiple spots on them for different sizes of those, but I've never been overly impressed with performance. I usually crimp down twice on each one.

Quick connects are not bad, I can get high quality female ends. Have you seen any male PCB board ones made of something higher quality than brass? This project is pretty no-holds-barred. That would be awesome because one piece that I'm using in this may come with some pre-installed brass ones. (if I had it my way I wouldn't use it, but it's not up to me)

I generally recommend using the crimping tool specified by the terminal manufacture. The so called "universal" crimping tools are a bad compromise in my opinion, only the correct tool can give consistently good gas-tight crimps. A few years ago I was employed as a wiring technician building and wiring test fixtures. Almost everything we built used crimp terminals of various types, and we had all of the proper tools for every type, which made the job easier and the connections more reliable. These are the exact terminals that were specified for of most of the PCB mount spade terminals that were used. 1217861-1 TE Connectivity AMP Connectors | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey
They are high quality and reliable, and of course we used the corresponding AMP brand female crimp connectors for the wires.

Mike

Last edited:
I have no idea how but I found the perfect solution (as far as I can see)

:: Weco - 982-S /-D /-W ::

I can order them with gold plating, they're copper alloy, 20a. Wooo!

Thanks everyone. I'll look into a really good tool that's compatible with the connectors I use.

Yeah, those are nice too. You don't need terminals for those, just stick the wire(s) in and tighten the screw.

Mike

I suppose I can do that. But I was thinking crimping on some Furutech connectors would allow that "gas tight" compression on the wire so it won't oxidize. However Weco doesn't say the size of spade they accept. (at least I can't find it)

They do however offer bare PCB board mount versions of disconnects. And those they list the sizes for so I can easily choose the connectors. In fact it would allow 20a service which is great, with the large one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.