Where to Get a Nut for a Piher Pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

I'm repairing an old tube guitar amp which has a faulty 50k switched pot. I managed to find a pot at Surplus Sales however when they sent it to me it didn't have a nut - which makes it a bit difficult to mount! When I contacted them they said that they don't have hardware for these pots.

The problem is that it seems to be an unusual size (or at least different to all the other pot nuts that I've got) and I don't know what size it actually is.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew what size nut this pot requires and where I could get one.

The pot is shown here:

User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I was kinda hoping that someone on the forum might have a spare pot nut that they could post to me (in Melbourne, Australia) as most of the online Electronics companies seem to have a minimum postage cost which makes getting one nut rather expensive! I'm happy to reimburse the sender using Paypal.

If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

The old nut most likely fits a 3/8" shaft, whereas the Piher would use a 10mm (or 11, or 12mm) nut. I'll be glad to send you one after I get back home at the end of the month, but you should be able to find one locally! E

Thanks for the info. I'll try and find one locally but if not I'll pm you. Yes, I thought it would probably be a metric/imperial problem however the thread itself looks more tightly spaced. Measuring by eye, it looks like it's 10mm.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I'll try and find one locally but if not I'll pm you. Yes, I thought it would probably be a metric/imperial problem however the thread itself looks more tightly spaced. Measuring by eye, it looks like it's 10mm.

Cheers!

When I look at it closely, it actually looks like it's a bit under 10mm. Would that be right? I'm not actually sure how this is meant to be measured.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.