Looking for momentary switch with aluminum cap (PCB)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I am looking for a PCB type momentary push button switch with aluminium caps , either in steel or in aluminium. Or the caps alone fitting a certain type of switch. After some hours of searching I did not find anything, and I would like to avoid the solution to let them produce on a mill/lathe...

Here is an example of some nice buttons: exaSound Audio Design > e28 > Overview

The project is a case for a media player where I need 4 of those buttons.

The ideal diameter for the buttons would be around 10mm...

Any ideas ???

Best regards
Christoph

Hi cgraf. I realize you said you didn't want to use a lathe but I built my own aluminum buttons by cutting pieces from bar stock. I then filed them close to flat and finished them in a drill press. I lightly chamfered the edge with a file and then put progressively finer sandpaper on the bed of the press and gently lowered the chuck with the bar stock down onto the paper. I slightly moved the paper around to get fresh grit. These ended up looking factory made with a nice swirl on the face. I don't have pics right now but could certainly take some if you want to see the result. Took me less than 30 minutes per button.

Thanks for the idea. Good plan indeed if I do not find anything commercial :)
Furthermore this is real diy (well for the front plate I will still go CNC as there are cut-outs for the LCD, plus an SD Card slot... I don't have the skills to do this by hand, but for the knobs I think yes :)

Thanks and regards

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.