Service Manual Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tried to look up online and I just can't!!! find a service manual for a Denon AVR-2801. The fault is, it does not power up at all, so I did some exploring and found 3 of the power caps, the small cube shaped one's had gone bad, they do have the value on them, but I need to be sure of the exact value....

Attachments

• P1000433.jpg
    P1000433.jpg
    837.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Greetings XsamuraiX,

The items shown in your image are bridge rectifiers unless you're referring to the small caps next to them. Nothing fancy. Either way, are you sure you're testing them properly? Based on their proximity to the bridge rectifiers, you are likely seeing continuity through the rectifier diodes. Try reversing your leads if you are measuring in circuit to see if their readings change. You really need to pull the caps and test on an ESR meter to determine if they're bad or not. Also, if those caps are shorted, then I'd make sure to test the bridge rectifiers as they will likely have taken a hit as well.

Go to the hifiengine website for your manual. I was going to send it to you but it's too big. Easier for you to just join the site and get it yourself as they have it available. It's free so no worries about it costing anything.

HiFi Engine - Owners and Service Manuals

Good luck with your project!

Kind regards,

Steve

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Yes, going to check other caps, the only 2 caps I have tested are the main, large power caps, they both have 10000uf on the plastic, but my cap meter only reads up to 2000uf :( need to buy a new one, then, to test the smaller, block shaped orange caps there in the picture also, all the fuses are fine, I tested all of them out and all ok.. I'll check those smaller orange caps 1st though as I've been watching video after video after video on Youtube with amps with no power at all, mainly it's always either bad caps, those orange caps or blown transistors. Only problem is, on my Denon, to get access to those transistors I have to remove every circuit board that is attached to the base board :( pain in the butt!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.