WAcky Old Triad Transformer from 1950's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got this old Gray Triad transformer from the 50's looks like. Stand up frame, leads coming out opposite sides. Used but doesnt appear to be abused. No model number only markings are: 11271-206-6 and 67776.

I've made a schematic diagram of it with the ohm readings for each winding below.

Four windings per side, no center taps, one winding with one lead coming out each side instead of both leads coming out the same side. A white lead with no apparent connection. (no shielding to be seen)

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Looked all over the net but no info to be found. I'm stumped....:scratch:

Attachments

• TRIAD PT_67776.JPG
    TRIAD PT_67776.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 76
Offhand I'd guess 1967, but you may be correct about the 1950s.

Looking at it, I'd predict the two center left windings to be primary, wire in parallel or series for 120/240 operation. I'd bet the yellow pair lower left is 5v for rectifier tube, the green center right 6v for heaters. But that is all guessing.

If it were mine, I;d probably connect a variac to the Br and W/Bk pair and bring it up slow watching what develops on the others.

I haven't looked through this, but here is a Traid historical archive that may have some information. And if nothing else, you might contact Triad and present your numers and ask if they can identify the product.
Triad Historical Archive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.