Fake MJ15024 BEWARE!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've heard of counterfeits and knock off's, but this takes the cake in my book. I ordered 6) MJ15024's & 6) MJ15025's out of Vancouver. Two of each pr went into a Marantz receiver I had on the bench. One channel WAS working before I got started. I replaced both channel's outputs as a matter of course. On pwr up test, (variac) BOTH channels had a dead short! To my dismay, I discovered BOTH MJ15024's where dead shorted, they measured like there was no junction (die) in the casing. Hmm. I checked the other 4 and found 2 more dead ones, so out of 6, 4 where dead! I let my parts guy know and he sent me 4 more with many sorries. I tested them and 2 out of the 4 where dead!
I couldn't help it,, I cut the tops off the orig and the MJ. Have a look and tell me which one you'd rather have in your amp!
I'll post the pic's as soon as I figure out how to.

Cheers, Al

Here are my Pic's

Attachments

• PIC_0353.JPG
    PIC_0353.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 771
  • PIC_0355.JPG
    PIC_0355.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 725
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.