Transformer Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there a difference between four taps on a single transformer or four 9v transformers?

Anyways, I am trying to build Oliver's TDA1541 DAC, it asks for 3x12V AC at 1amp each. Can I just get a 50VA single 12V transformer to feed all three?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a difference between four taps on a single transformer or four 9v transformers?

Anyways, I am trying to build Oliver's TDA1541 DAC, it asks for 3x12V AC at 1amp each. Can I just get a 50VA single 12V transformer to feed all three?

Thanks for the quick reply.

From what I understand, a separate power source/transformer should provide "cleaner power" since there is no crossover interference(I think that's the tech term). Depending on the sensitivity of your circuit, you may be able to get away with a multi-tap transformer...

Is this the project you were looking at?: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...erence-tda1541a-dac-i2s-bus-architecture.html

If so, you will need isolated supplies...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.