PCB MAKER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a look at Olimex.
It's a good price, not quite the lowest I've seen, but they will allow panelization. You can combine multiples of one or more designs onto a single board in order to use up all of the available space (standard sizes are 10x16 cm and 20x32 cm). They will even cut them apart at no charge. Most other PCB places explicitly forbid panelization.

Take note! there are two companies that can be easily confused
expresspcb and pcbexpress --- Yep!
I have used pcbexpress which is the online arm of Sunstone Circuts in Ore state.
I have had good luck with them, quality and customer service is very good. Small qty's you pay more for per board-as with all board houses. expresspcb has their own free cad software but the hitch is that you can't output gerber files. Proprietery format means that you have to go to them when its time to buy the board. Low down trick, but that's an opnion.

Have a look at Olimex.
It's a good price, not quite the lowest I've seen, but they will allow panelization. You can combine multiples of one or more designs onto a single board in order to use up all of the available space (standard sizes are 10x16 cm and 20x32 cm). They will even cut them apart at no charge. Most other PCB places explicitly forbid panelization.

I am still waiting for my PCBs from olimex ... shipped on Jan 12 (I am in OH, USA). umpf!

I placed an order to silvtronics a few hours ago, not the cheapest but they take eagle and can also assembly PCB with SMDs which is something I'll need in future so I wanted to check them out.

There is also a company in malaysia with a very similar name (silvercircuits) that is cheaper and allows panalization, at the end I went for silvtronics.

I hope everything will be OK. :eek:

Last edited:
I was specifically referring to expresspcb - their cad program is pretty good for me, as I did not already have one, nor the experience using any cad program. the click and order is nice for small quantity orders, and they are fast and accurate. i even use their software for the occasional perfboard project, just to get sizing, layout and spacing info. at some point if I switch over, I will be sad to have to redo existing boards, but for now, it is a nice turn-key solution.

I was specifically referring to expresspcb - their cad program is pretty good for me, as I did not already have one, nor the experience using any cad program. the click and order is nice for small quantity orders, and they are fast and accurate. i even use their software for the occasional perfboard project, just to get sizing, layout and spacing info. at some point if I switch over, I will be sad to have to redo existing boards, but for now, it is a nice turn-key solution.

Yes - and it works, thats what counts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.