Electrolytics just took a mean jump!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heya Folks,

Anybody realize what a jump electrolytics just took? :eek:

I had started a Digikey order some weeks back and when you do that, they guarantee the price for the period (20 days?) until the order goes stale.

When I finished my order, I had double checked some prices (sometimes this or that actually goes down... especially IC's) and the Elna RFS caps I was buying for $0.227/ea in 10-lot had shot up 56% to $0.397/ea. in 10-lot!

My Nichicon PSU caps I had on the list (and deleted to "save money", stupid me!) went up nearly 70% in the same time period.

Not just Digikey, but Mouser took a significant jump from two weeks ago too.

Anyone hear what the.... is going on? :confused:

Cheers!

falling dollar?

If it falls any further you had better start digging a hole for the landing!:)

Maybe the industry is seeing an upcoming reduction in military spending on overseas operations and thereby on equipment?

Over here in the UK we have had a sales tax holiday but everything will cost an extra 2.5% as from Monday as the holiday is over.

On the world front everything between the raw materials and the end product at point-of-sale has increased and the importers and distributors/wholesalers/retailers have to get their profit.

price of solder has increased 25% in germany recently

That went nuts here a year or so back.... a roll went from $8 to $30 literally overnight at Digikey. Luckily I have a place locally in Vancouver that didn't get the memo ;)

(though I scooped 4Kg of Kester off Ebay when the RoHS panic hit the manufacturers and they dumped their lead stocks at giveaway prices)

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.