What kinda Batterys are these.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey has any one seen these kinda batterys. Where can i get them. help please : )

Attachments

• img_2909.sized.jpg
    img_2909.sized.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 188
ouch

those batterys are not the best for playing with over charge thay explode leak toxic crud. if you need good unused batterys. hit your local hobby shop. thay even come with little tabs to solder to
dont try to solder those:eek:

i sell ibm battery packs sell for $70 $80 each
cheaper at hobby shop

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
These are the same batteries Dell uses in their battery packs of Latitude and Inspiron. They are manufactured by Sony and they have a typenumber written on them. The colour says something too about charging current, voltage etc. Battery packs of Latitude CP, CPi, CPiA, C610, C640 etc. have these batteries. Know them well because I had to replace all my spares at the company once because they hadn't been charged for 1.5 years.

They vary from 2700 mAh to 3800 mAh. There are types that require a firmware update of the laptop in question because the cell voltage is 3.7 V instead of 3.6 V ! Important when you replace yours with spare types.

PLEASE BEWARE WITH REPLACING THIS TYPE OF Li-ION BATTERY. THEY WILL EXPLODE WHEN USED MORE THAN 1% OVER THEIR RATINGS !!!

I never yell but the risk is too high in this case. Some series of this Sony cells were called back by Dell because of explosion risked even when used according specs.

The type is not AA, it is proprietry and not standard like AA, AAA etc. The question would be more clever if you would have written down the exact typenumber that is written on each cell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.