DJ Needs to Save Money

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, i dont really remember what those sounded like, i have used 1202 and 1803 in the same series and they were okay but i cant remember seeing any 1502.
http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/Service Manuals/SH-1502ER Service.pdf

Anyway, my idea was to build some bassboxes to use together with your current boxes to relief them from those low frequencies.
-Making it a three way system...
You would probably need an 18incher (Or a dual 15/18) with a crossover in the 100-150hz range for it. ( Which btw is a bit too high for most pro18"s )
However, this is a quite simple task and wouldnt keep you occupied for so long...

I am not familiar with that amp, but it could be a bad capacitor or a bad opamp, if there are any opamps in it of course.
- Ask in the ampsection or at some prosound forum.

About enclosures/crossovers..
One way it was done in the old days was that you put the crossover inside the basscabinet and then you had a second connector on the back that got connected to the top speaker.
If you decide on this method then i would suggest that you also makes a switch to disconnect the xover , so that you easily can biamp the box when you need extra power.
An another way was to use a external box with the crossover inside with three connectors for input, bass, top.

Well the main thing, with building an extra box would compromise the asthetic value of the whole system. Also a minor(haha i make joke) thing, the tweeter is blown, left that out but seeing that you really can't tell unless you get the music really going(up at +3db above universal on mixer).

Amps: I'll tinker with it. I made a B in circuits. We'll see how that works out with this amp.

Enclosure: The first idea you listed was my first choice. I figured with the outside box, it might get tripped on causing major chaos. That is not what kyle wants.

Well the main thing, with building an extra box would compromise the asthetic value of the whole system.

would it? not if you make the new box look like it is a part of the original speaker. or?
This is the way i have done my speakers, i put the top ontop of the bassbin and when they are placed like that they looks like one tall speaker.
Personally i dont like speakerstands, it has an amateurish feeling over it in my eyes.
-But its your eyes so it is your decision :cool:

Also a minor(haha i make joke) thing, the tweeter is blown, left that out but seeing that you really can't tell unless you get the music really going(up at +3db above universal on mixer).

I dont understand english so well...
But if you know the name of the driver itself you could try to get a sparediagraphm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.