Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Soundcraft Signature 16 Output Section (Grp Function)
Soundcraft Signature 16 Output Section (Grp Function)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2021, 06:02 PM   #1
brunel8787 is offline brunel8787
diyAudio Member

Default Soundcraft Signature 16 Output Section (Grp Function)

Click the image to open in full size.

What is the grp section (1,2,3,4) of the output in signature 16 used for?

Last edited by brunel8787; 24th October 2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old 24th October 2021, 06:38 PM   #2
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

well it can be used for four track recording or each subgroup can drive monitor mixes and even as basic as it may seem the subgroups are quite useful as a mix control tool, it comes down to what approach or needs you have.
Old 25th October 2021, 03:18 PM   #3
brunel8787 is offline brunel8787
diyAudio Member

Which out is preferrable for monitors, aux or grp?
Old 25th October 2021, 04:05 PM   #4
conanski is offline conanski  Canada
diyAudio Member

The AUX levels of each input can be set individually using the green pots on the input channels thus creating a custom mix on each AUX bus and that is whats needed for monitors. The Group outputs are post fader which means there is no contol of the level of that input separate from the main mix.. you can only turn it on or off with the buttons so these really are only useful for recording or to send to a camera feed for example.
Old 26th October 2021, 10:19 PM   #5
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

i guess it depends on number of aux's needed for monitors, nothing sucks more then a single monitor mix which means vocals only which is why for sidefills i return the vocal subgroup and for drum fills i'll return the subgroup for drums.
the console has 4 aux's one is for the built in FX so that leaves three and heaven forbid i would want to run additional FX then it becomes a quandary over number of floor mixes and added FX.
i'm spoiled i have a split snake and generally run an independent monitor console, but that's not feasible for everyone.
  Reply to this post

Soundcraft Signature 16 Output Section (Grp Function)Hide this!Advertise here!