Connecting Stahepas 300 Pa system to my Roland KC350 keyboard amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has any idea on how I ca. Connect my Yamaha Stagepass 300 Pa system to my Roland KC350 keyboard amp. (I've attached images of the inputs/outputs of both the Stagepass & KC350.

I have had a few issues with the Stagepass cutting out due to overheating, so would like the amp to linked to the pa, so if the pa was to cut out, the amp would still continue with sound.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190405_214901.jpg
    IMG_20190405_214901.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20190405_215050.jpg
    IMG_20190405_215050.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 54
The roland has a quite obvious stereo phone plug in & out. 0 db is line level. So run your keyboard output to the roland first then from the output of the roland to the Yamaha.
The yamaha might have a line level out, too but the panel markings are rather non-obvious. All my peavey amps have both line level ins and op amp driven outs.
BTW clean the fan & heat sink of the Yamaha. The dead Peaveys I buy usually have balls of lint there before they short out the output transistors. I tie fiber filters over the fan grills before I put them in service again. Bread bag ties are handy. FIlters are cut out of heating/AC filters.

I'd suggest stereo link out from the Roland to one of the stereo input(5/6) on the Yamaha. If the Yamaha is shutting off it's not because of how the Roland is connected its either because you have the wrong speakers connected, too many speakers connected, a dirty or broken cooling fan in the unit, or an internal system fault.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.