PA setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I got pair of amps, top, subs to setup but I’ve got few questions:

1. Can I daisy chain 2 different power amps (Peavey IPR2 2000 & IPR 3000)
2. If yes, what is the best setup for my speakers I have 2 peavey pv118 loudspeakers 4ohms & peavey Subs 8ohms?
3. Do I need crossover for them?

Thanks in advance!

Peavey 118s are subs... what are the tops? Generally yes you need a crossover for any 2-way PA speaker system to separate frequencies appropriate to each speaker system. Something like a Behringer CX2310 is an inexpensive option, there is the PV23XO if you want to keep it in the family or pickup a Rane AC22B or DBX223.

Thanks @conanski sorry my subs are PV118 (8ohms) & Tops are PV 215 (4 Ohms), thanks for recommendation.

@turk 182 so it means if I won't consider getting crossover I can daisy chain 2 different power amps? if yes can I do this way, 1 amp dedicated for tops and the other for sub or should both Top & sub should go per amp?

1 amp for the tops and another for the subs.

100hz crossover is the maximum I would go for live sound, perfect for outdoor gigs.
Inside I prefer the 70-80hz range for subs just because there is so many waves inside.

Unless one of your amps is 2 ohm stable you can't run both PV215 on 1 channel and even if you could, I never run less then 4 ohms.

Hi everyone,

It's me again.. I just like to know if I'm doing the right setup for my system. (Actually, I'm a bit confuse on EQ placement).. I know it's kinda basic but I just don't want to damage them :) by hooking up in wrong way. Thanks in advance!! Btw, I am using active sub..

Attachments

• Diagram.pdf
    322.8 KB · Views: 76
???? i'm not sure how a line level signal drives passive subs and then goes to an amp input...???

seems there's an amp missing in the diagram for two way, no?

i would have expected a Y split after the EQ or parallel/thru xlr's used to apply signal to two amps, one driving sub's the other driving tops, after that it's a matter of setting dsp correctly to achieve desired x-over.

oops just noticed you said your using an active sub, which one?

Last edited:
Thank you guys,
@turk, yes I am using alto 215s for my active sub (actually those in the photos are my actual equipment). But your advice is noted in case I encounter such I know what to do. Thanks!

@think, thank you.. yes there is an output from my sub so it means I am good with the setup..

How do you find the Peavey amps? I'm looking at getting an IPR7500 for running my subs, when they are finally built. This amp appears to be good bang for buck and seems to cater for my needs power wise : 2k rms per channel into 4 ohms, on each channel will be 2 * 8ohm 1000rms subs run in parallel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.