Technote pmx8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I`m new to this and have loads of questions. But a bit about me I`m 62 always been interested in music and have got hold of some gear/lights and use them In my summer house but I sometimes do discos for a charity Im involved with. My first question I hope someone can help me with is I have an old Technote pmx8 power mixer but no manual and I cant find one on the net. The mixer seems to work ok except for the aux sliders so I am looking for parts but cant find. Also I don't know what all the inputs/outputs do. I know the basic operation ie mike in speaker out and controls for bass, mid, high etc but not about feedback and other sockets on this mixer. I am hoping someone knows how or where I can get info about this mixer so I can use it to its best. Thanks in advance Wee Al:)

Hi sreten, thanks for reply but not sure what you mean re effects loop, my mixer has 16 built in digital effects for echo etc. trying to post images of mixer !!!Already have downloaded manual of nandy audio power mixer but didn`t really understand as it was quite different from mine. Sorry still trying to figure out how to post photos. The one you`ve posted is different Will take some tomorrow of mixer and try to post. Really looking for idiots guide if I manage to post pictures will pinpoint controls I`m not sure off. Thanks again Wee Al

Attachments

• technote.jpg
    technote.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 61
  • technote2.jpg
    technote2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 51
  • technot3.jpg
    technot3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 56
Hi,

All the inputs and outputs are usually self explanatory,
and TBH I doubt the AUX sliders are broken / need fixing.

I can see an AUX return which means it must have a send.
Connect the send and return for that loop to work.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
technote pmx6

Hi Guys,
Sorry not posted sooner but have been busy. Have read what you`se have said and will download some manuals etc and read / experiment. On slider issue I found masters weren`t working unless I pushed down on them or put a weight to hold them down eventual not even that worked so I swapped over master and aux hence the need to fix slider unless I read somewhere that they might need cleaned out and some type of lubricant sprayed in. Any advice re this.

Thanks Wee Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.