Incredible System, No Clue How To Use Correctly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What's up Everyone.
I have recently purchased a new FOH System. I have it up and running, but don't think that I have even scratched the surface on it's capabilities. Here is the gear list...
board - A&H Mixwizard3 16:2
amps - Crown XTI 4002 (2)
mains - JBL SRX 725 (2)
subs - JBL SRX 718S (2)
signal processer - dbx driverack pa+, bbe sonic maximizer 882i
We are a 4 piece band
Well I am one of those guys who likes to do a separate subwoofer feed.
Running a separate subwoofer feed is a recognised PA technique - especially suited to using large numbers of mics.
Given the OP's equipment and the simple needs of a 4 piece band I do not think that a separate subwoofer feed is necessary, or appropriate, especially for someone who is just starting to learn how to set up and use their new PA system.
Regards
Xoc 1

System Setup

If I may... you've spent good money on a new system, finish the purchase by hiring someone to set it up for you. In my local market it would cost $300 - $500 for a full day (up to 10 hours) to have someone bring out SMAART, take detailed measurements, set your eq, crossovers, time delays, gain staging and give some basic instructions on how to best use the tools you have. The driverack settings can be locked down unlike knobs on older gear which can be changed by anyone. The advice you'll get will save time and give better results on every show.
Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.