WHO WHAT ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone recognise these, just bought them. Havn't seen them yet but from the picture they look like maybe 15" w bins.

Any info would be great otherwise i will find out next week.

Attachments

• new cabs.jpg
    new cabs.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 129
Eminence

Right, looks like these cabinets are diy built. They contain Eminence Kappa 15a's. Its made of thick but low quality chipboard about 20mm.
The cabinets could do with strippin off the carpets etc and refinishing/painting to seal them. Im not gonna build and more buns atm as they are good enough for what i need, just need to bring up the quality of the cabinets and finish them properly.
They dont have an access panel for the speaker either, and you cant get it out because the screws sit right infront of the rear waveguide.
So all in all good enough cones but cabintes need some work.
Im gonna measure it all up and simulate it too in HR as it would be good to see a rough response for it.
I would also be interested in porting the central chamber on these, but would require FR testing to determine whether it is needed. Maybe some sort of 4th order BPH.
INFO TO FOLLOW.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.