Digital Projection & Danley Sound Labs demo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
Sorry it’s such short notice but our Reps are having an open house on Thursday the 15th for Digital projection and Danley Sound Labs.
Digital Projection will have a number of projection systems on site being demonstrated and Danley Sound Labs will have many of our loudspeakers on demo as well as several stadium sized loudspeakers, including a new one which will be played outdoors. . If you’re so inclined and in the area, stop by from 10 AM to 3 PM and say Hi.
It is at;
Blackshear Place Baptist Church
3428 Atlanta Highway, Flowery Branch, GA 30504
Best Regards,
Tom Danley

EAW KF & NTL Series

Hi Tom

i have not yet had the opportunity to take apart a Eaw KF series enclosure .

have they licensed the unity / synergy

if not the phase plug on their mids prior to loading the horn may be viewed as a version of your acoustical lens , only theirs is at the driver point as praline & your overall at the horn mouth

these r just thoughts to be truthful i have not read the Eaw patent

suranjan

Hi Hunter
I don’t generally look at other designs unless someone points something out to me. I used to get the trade magazines but found it too distressing / distracting, it is better to just focus on what the technical problem is and the details of which sort of outline what the solution must do.
I will look up the eaw boxes you mentioned as I have only licensed Yorkville to use these Paraline, Synergy Horn and Tapped Horn designs.
Best,
Tom

Hey Greg
Well it went pretty well the stuff inside was uneventful and what outdoor music wouldn’t complete without a couple visits by the popo. The second time they were not in a good mood (must have gotten them off break or something) and left a love note with one of the guys from the shop. Don’t get me wrong, we had permission and a large space.
Actually, since it wasn’t me personally they were after it was somewhat amusing. We will have to see what photos emerge as there were a number of people there.

The speaker outside that caused the issue is a new one, this was it’s first public demo.
As these sound very constant as you move away, are much less effected by wind, people wanted to hear that but the farthest one could walk was about 900 feet so a caravan took off down the road to find a farther listening point. Here is a video from that (wear headphones) the distance is about 1500 feet, the speaker is not visible but is to the left of the large building.

J3 Premier. | Facebook

What is cool is how these single point Synergy Horns work in large spaces, here is a low power demo at a stadium which uses line arrays and will be upgraded to a point source system. Here is a J1 facing forward and two J2’s aimed right and left (the black glob under the scoreboard)

Penn State University Beaver Stadium Jericho Horn Demo | Facebook

Man, I wish I had figured out how to do this three or four decades ago, ugh, the price of a DHS education I guess.. Greg, please say Hi to Louise, I owe her an update on my bro and tell her I will get to that.. Take care.
Tom

Eaw

Hi

In these pics the mid drivers are placed along the horn , i am sure they would have to use the same formula methods & crossovers as used by the synergy to mutually couple the hi & lo driver to the horn passage .

Yes the mids do not exit through cylindrical exit ports . ( Does this put the Eaw s beyond the synergy patent ).

But i am sure i have seen a unit which had come in for repairs , it had a phase plug loading the mids to the horn passage way . The phase plug may have been an application of their csa

Yes Eaw has done a lot of work on working out the limitations with - limiting a horn size & then getting the best possible from their own limitations .

Thanks for the videos both the male & female vocals were amazingly clear at this distance great achievement .

Suranjan

Attachments

• EAW_NTLModule_withoutGrille.jpg
    EAW_NTLModule_withoutGrille.jpg
    886.1 KB · Views: 268
  • kf730.jpg
    kf730.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 254
Hi Wayne
Wow, I have to say your video is impressive, thanks so much for taking it / posting it.

It is so weird for me having been there (although I think I was out in the field when you took it) because when I pop on the headphones, it very much captures the flavor of being there to the extent it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
It’s ironic / perfect that the second song played, is the same one being played when the second video that was filmed at 1500 feet.

I have to ask what kind of camera was that???
Merry Christmas
Tom

Hi Tom, Merry Christmas. I try to capture the feel of the event and sound when I shoot. Thank you. If you want, I would love to do more Danley videos. I have more footage in the can. The camera is a Kodak Zi8 with an AudioTechnica PRO24CM mic. I picked that mic for the gain structure (and cost). It works well at live sound events at the Kodaks default gain setting so I don't have to reset it everytime I turn it on. The camera does have a gain level control though, I should have used that when I got up close to the TH812. I filmed all of the videos on my YouTube page of me playing bass and of other bands, all with this same set up except one. You can see them at waynestrain's Channel - YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.