Q: Will we be bringing all the old content across?

Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
TL;DR We will migrate all the old content.

Longer answer - we will bring over all the threads and posts. Some areas like the wiki that have fallen into disuse will be readable but that is all. They'll go into an archive.

We will delete some internal content related to the old forum that will be irrelevant such as how-to post an image on vBulletin etc.

An observation or two -
1. I could always save the settings, so that the way I preferred my page to look was the same, viz. I always started with the "Posts" and my preference was to display 100 on a page. This option does not appear to be available anymore - why so? Also, I would like to be able to fit more posts onto the screen, is there any way to "compress" the display?
2. I was subscribed to quite a lot of threads, with my stuff broken down into various categories - it kept my stuff organised so that I could find things easily. Where is this data?

Many thanks, Kevin

When will info from Wiki be available or if it is, how? Already mentioned this in the other thread " Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!", without an answer. I have quite some links saved to information and how to to the Wiki, which don't work anymore. Thank you.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
When will info from Wiki be available or if it is, how? Already mentioned this in the other thread " Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!", without an answer. I have quite some links saved to information and how to to the Wiki, which don't work anymore. Thank you.
Both "very old" and "old" Wikis are available here in archive format for posterity.

https://www.diyaudio.com/archive/
However both wikis ended up turning into an ugly and unorganized dumpster fire, so the wiki experiment has been terminated for now. We plan to replace it with something, but what that something is yet we are unsure. In the meantime, please still to use regular posts and threads. First post in a thread is now editable for an unlimited time by the OP.

Will there a sort of blog functionality?
Will the old blogs/articles be moved over? I spend quite some time to write them at the time.
Jason promised such functionality would be there, even improved ;-)

Jan

Yes, it was almost there at launch. @gerardv is the blogs man and will be in touch with you and the other top bloggers in the near future as we prepare to re-launch blogs.