Identifying Explicit Parental Advisory Per Song? Explicit Lyrics Database?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I want to scrub my music so that I can play the library while my kids are around. I don't want to inadvertently play anything that has explicit lyrics.

I've noticed that the Parental Advisory is usually per Album, whereas it really should be per track. :-(

If you can envision thousands of songs on a computer with immaculate tags (besides this). What is the best way to search each song against a database to identify it's lyrics, and mark any song that has offensive words as explicit?

I'm NOT considering content. i realize that although curse words may not be used, the content might not be very family friendly. I'm only considering words such as sh**, f***, etc. Basically "radio edited" is what I'm after.

Are there any lyrics websites, databases, or otherwise that you would recommend I use as a reference to get this job done?

Thanks for your help!
Jay

Object52, musixmatch might be exactly what I need. I might build some code to look up tracks, and just mark any track returned explicit as such. Might be easy as long as the free account will provide that information. The pro version is $1000/month. Ugh.

To the rest of you questioning my motives, sorry but yeah it's real simple. I don't want explicit lyrics playing at parties with kids. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.