Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Duct-Driver distance question
Duct-Driver distance question
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2006, 04:34 PM   #1
Tyimo is offline Tyimo  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Default Duct-Driver distance question

Hi!

What is the "rule" for the duct placement in the BR boxes?
I mean how big distance need I keep between the duct and the driver?? How close should I put the port??

Greets:

Tyimo
Old 18th October 2006, 05:27 PM   #2
joe carrow is offline joe carrow  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to joe carrow
The general rule is to keep the opening of the port at least one diameter away from any side of the box.

It's good to give some space between the opening of the port and the driver. Mostly, you can build a box that fits the "golden ratio", and put the port behind the tweeter. If you can try to get the port opening near the center of the box, and that's not too within 2 or 3 port diameters of the woofer, then you should be in good shape.
Old 18th October 2006, 06:44 PM   #3
Tyimo is offline Tyimo  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Hi Joe!

Thanks!

Quote:
The general rule is to keep the opening of the port at least one diameter away from any side of the box.
Yes, I knew it.

Quote:
and that's not too within 2 or 3 port diameters of the woofer, then you should be in good shape
O.K.!

Greets:

Tyimo

Duct-Driver distance questionHide this!Advertise here!