Vifa, Peerless, Scan Speak suppliers in Danmark?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are there any good internet suppliers of d-s-t drivers in Danmark? I wonder because the official German Vifa and Peerless distributors carry only a very limited range of drivers compared to what is available on the d-s-t web site, limiting choice and dictating comparatively high prices even to other dealers.

What is the VAT you pay on drivers in Danmark?

Eric

Iquired at audiocomponents.nl a while ago. They said they were not allowed to ship to Germany, apparently they have some distribution agreements. I also inquired about having the stuff shipped to a colleage in the Netherlands, but they said domestically, they did not do retail sales and only worked through dealers, the prices of which, they said would not be competitive.

DAT.dk looks interesting. Their selection of d-s-t drivers is also limited, but different from what Intertechnik as the genereal importer for Germany lets us buy her, so this results in more choice.

Prices are about 15% below list prices here, maybe 25% if you account for the difference in VAT. This is not really worth the trouble as you can get about 20% on the whole Intertechnik program if you order through the reseller Schuro, and Hifisound usually also has some discounts on their full line which includes Intertechnik as well as Scan Speak.

Another dealer in Denmark is http://www.peak-consult.dk I don't know wheter they ship abroad, though I think so because they offer a danish site aswell as a english site. I belive they are a little cheaper than DAT.dk

There also is a guy in this forum from Sweden who sells d-s-t drivers tgood prices. I cannot remeber his name but if interested I can find his mail and mail it to you.

Regards
Seve

Even though the Danish prices may be a bit higher than in Germany, I believe that DAT will get you almost anything you see on the d-s-t website. They have offered to do that for me when I have asked them (but I have never made use of it) and if you send them an email they will probably quote you prices on just about anything. I have asked them on a number of occasions to update their website but they say that they haven't got the time for it so it´ll probably be a while. If you are interested in anything, send them an email or give them a call. After all, the worst they can say is "no" ;)

/U.

I just glanced at the documents and the breakdown is:

3 Vifa PL11'a at 37.50 USD each (thats 113EUR)
Transport was 31USD (thats 32EUR)
Import duty was only 2EUR
and VAT was 23EUR (at 16%)

That adds upto about 160EUR.

The same drivers from a German distributor sell for 87EUR each, A grand total of 261EUR.

I don't know how shipping a speaker to America and then back again to Germany, rather than shipping it directly via a truck, can workout to be 100EUR cheaper!

Actually I could make a few guesses;)

Tim.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.