Why this tweeter phase not inverted?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to rework the original Eros MKI xover version:
http://www.speakerbuilder.net/web_files/Projects/Eros Project/ersoxo1.gif

The original xover is too bright in my opinion.

Usually in 2 order, the tweeter's polarity is inverted but in this xover, it is not. Could someone explain why?

I try to put a 1ohm resistor in series with the tweeter xover but it attenuates the midrange too much.

I did some quick spice simulation and the simulation show the phases are inverted at the point of xover.

I am trying to do two things: move the xover freq. to around 2Khz and at the same time add a some attenuation to the tweeter.

andy2 said:
I try to put a 1ohm resistor in series with the tweeter xover but it attenuates the midrange too much.

Then try putting an RC across the tweeter. Maybe start with 1uF and R=same as tweeters DC resistance.

This will make the crossover C more effective at the higher frequencies, (not that it has much effect there), and it will also present a more balanced load to your amp which may tame a harsh top end.

Play with these values, try this first.

You cannot simulate a crossover in spice without considering the load your speaker presents. It is not a resistor, it is a complex load (not complicated :- reactive). Youll need to do two electrical and two acoustic measurements per driver, and use a crossover sim.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.