Wharfedale 9.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not an aswer but......

I was just browsing through the forum when I saw your post. WOW,
I haven't heard the name Wharfedale in many years. Of course, where I live, Panasonic isconsidered high end!':D' How old are your speakers and how would you rate them. I've admired their product for decades.

As to your question, my "guess" is, you would have to use other than the original xovers to match impedance. The originals were made for the entire system to match one amplifier.

Hope you get answers from the more knowledgeable.

I think they are in-house drivers, but although that sounds impressive, remember they shifted production to China -Wharfdale are no longer a high-end manufacturer. They make some good budget hifi for the commercial brigade, and the Diamond 9.2 (a current product) is a decent example -much better than some of the tat out there. But their glory days are behind them now, unless they come out with something novel, like Mordant Short did a year or so back with the Performance 6. (what a daft name!)

If you want to passive biamp, you can, assuming of course the speakers have two sets of terminal posts, which I believe they do. There are some benefits, a few of which are less related to the speaker than to the amplifier. Normally, active is the way to go for major performance boosts -however, in this case, I'd stick with passive simply because I don't honestly think the drivers and enclosures are good enough to make this worth the effort.

Best
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.