Started my first speaker project!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Some weeks ago,I started my own first home speaker project. I had built numerous car installs before, but home audio is completely new to me.

After months of looking and reading around, I started a HATT mk III project with my personal touches.

It is also the first time I used massive wood! I had some old pieces of oak laying around. These came out of my house that I'm renovating.

All panels are based on 10 mm MDF, with 18 mm oak as finishing surface. All oak pieces took a lot of work, sinve they were painted and sometimes not completely flat. Luckely my father has enough wood working tools!

Drivers are from Seas: the L12RCY/P woofer and 27TBF/G tweet. Seas codes are H 1207 and 1214.

Still not finished, since I can work only about 30 minutes pro day... SLOW rate!

picture of the woofer:

Attachments

• hpim0981'.jpg
    hpim0981'.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 558
ALFIrE,

If this is anything like the DD8-MkII, you will most certainly be impressed! I finished these recently, well not quite, I just took them apart to varnish the boxes, but the sound is absolutely wonderful!

Now all I have to do is find a decent amp to keep up with the quality (I only have some cheap receiver with ugly flashing lights driving them now :dead: )... this might end up more expensive than I thought :bawling:

But seriously, these will almost certaily sound excellent, regardless of price.

Damn, I had to some extra works. I had routed out one of the slot ports as seen in the picture. Slot is 11 mm high, so I used an 11mm router. Because of the angle it was very difficult to get it right, but it worked out with some patience.

My father did the 2nd front while I was'n there. He used a 13 mm router... :bawling: so the front panel is ruined now! I'll see if I can repair it by putting a wood strip in it to reduce to 11mm, or smaller and reroute through it.

**** happens... :smash:

Tonight I hope to get the T-nuts right, and glue on a front baffle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.