Pancaked Speaker Dome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Being a neophyte and not knowing the terminology for the center of a speaker cone...I will call it a dome.....I have a speaker where this dome has been pancaked or depressed....could anyone recommend how I can suck out this depression?....could this be done by restricting the suction on a vacum and pulled out?

THANX
Rick

Yes, though be careful as you don't want to rip the whole thing out :eek:

You can also try tape...get some tape that is pretty sticky and roll it around your finger, and stick the tape to the affected part of the dome.

This is of course assuming that the dome is a soft material (cloth, silk, some papers) if its metal or something, it maybe very difficult to bring completely back to original.

Some poeple also use small needles that they bent to a slight L shape, so you penetrate the material, then hook it, then pull out. Though I don't know the consequences of keeping the cone air tight after that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.