Focal has stopped supplying?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the Dutch importer's site, they mention that effective from 31st of July 2004, Focal won't supply the diymarket anymore.

Googling found me no other links. There has been a similar post to this one recently. But the answer then was that they simply won't sell to individuals anymore, but that you could still get them from your local dealer.

My "dealer" has told me however that they are stopping even with supplying other speaker manufacturers like Wilson Audio.

Anyone with more info?

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.focal.tm.fr/gb/news/n58.htm

"Starting September 1st 2004, separate Focal Hi-Fi drivers intended for the public and loudspeaker manfacturers will not be available for sale anymore. This catalogue is desappearing for good and has been removed from our web site.

That decision enters the Focal-JMlab growth strategy and will allow to focus human and technical resources on high end home and car loudspeaker manufacturing and developement.

The Service Department is in no way affected by this decision."

this from Elliot at Zalytron: www.zalytron.com

not entirely true. focal is not supplying product worldwide except to orca in california. orca has chosen zalytron as sole dealer.orca will bring in a smaller line but will include the t90td5b,t120td5,5w4311b, 6w4311b,7w4411. audiom tweeter, audiom woofers, 6wm, 11 and 13 sub woofers. these are the most popular numbers. zalytron also has a large stock of vintage focal see my site. please pass this along

Ok, just to clear this up, because I won't be able to buy any focal woofers for a while, you're saying that one will still be able to buy focal components (esp. 11wx and T120TD5), but only from zalytron?

I don't mean to make a stupid post, its just that focal seems to explicitly say that the public won't have access to their drivers once stock runs out. I know espeakers says something about a "new 2005 lineup" but I don't know what it will include or what it will cost.

Philip

p.s. Does anyone have a rough idea of availabillity of focal components at speaker city? i.e. is there lots left or are there slim pickins.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.